The 2.5 Minute Warm-Up (a.k.a "The Band Warm-Up")

The mere mention of "The Band Warm-Up" can make even the toughest of men want to cry.




While it only lasts about 2 and 1/2 minutes, it is brutal.

Unfortunately for our athletes, I believe it is one of the best warm-up routines you could ever perform prior to a training session.

What is this "band warm-up", and what makes it so great / brutal?

The Movements:
  • Front Raise x 10
  • Overhead Press x 10
  • Goodmorning x 10
  • Squat & Press x 10
  • Side Lunge & Press x 5 each leg
  • Reverse Lunge & Press x 5 each leg

Why It Is Great:

  • It is only 2 and 1/2 minutes
  • It incorporates overhead movements (which improve core stability and shoulder retraction)
  • It incorporates single leg movements (which address muscular imbalances)
  • It utilizes accommodating resistance (via the MTS bands)
  • It is only 2 and 1/2 minutes (which is 1 and 1/2 minutes shorter than our 4 Minute Warm-Up)
Why It Is Brutal:
  • There are no breaks
  • You are using MTS Bands 

The Video:

I have enclosed a sample video of me performing "The Band Warm-Up." 

I have to admit that I did my best to avoid embarrassment on the internet by acting as if I was not completely fatigued by the end of the routine.

For those of you that would question how hard this warm-up actually is, I invite you to try it.

(Unless, of course, you are "that guy" who usually warms-up by taking a 5lb dumbbell and swinging it around for five minutes. If you are "that guy", I highly recommend that you consult your physician before trying this.)




No comments: