This is the email I received from James Uske.
He's 5' 5" and 150 lbs.
He does not play any competitive sport.
And he's tough as hell.
It's not easy for "normal" people to hang with our college athletes. These guys are super strong and partially insane.
James did not back down for a minute.
In 3 short months, he made HUGE gains:
- Bench Press: 35lbs (195 to 230)
- Deadlift: 15lbs (245 to 260)
- Pull-Ups: 12 reps (12 to 24)
He also put on 5lbs while losing almost 2% body fat.
To me, this is what Advanced Training is all about.
It's about having the courage to train with guys who are way stronger than you.
It's about committing yourself to become better than what you already are.
It's about pushing yourself way beyond your "potential".
This is why I coach....
Now... I want you all to do 3 things.
1. Go back to the beginning of this post and read James' email again. I bet the parts I underlined will mean much more than they did the first time you read them.
2. Watch the video of James performing Gorilla-Ups below. They look easy but they are brutal.
3. Get yourself to a gym and see if you can do them with the same form for the same number of reps. (Good luck).