Good

"Life doesn't happen to you. It happens for you."
- Tony Robbins


This article is an homage to Jocko Willink's both humbling and inspiring "Good" speech (which can be seen below). 

This is a conversation I would love to have had with myself during my college years.

Enjoy ....



Didn't get into the college you wanted to ...

I hung this on my wall until I was 30.
Good ...


Didn't get recruited by the college you got into ...

I hung this right the one above.
Good ...


When you get to school, they told you they don't take walk-ons ...


Good ...


They asked you to film practice instead ...


Good ...


They kicked you out of the varsity weight room ...


Good ...


They kicked you out of a practice* ...


Good ...


Didn't make the travel team ...


Good ...


Made the travel team but still have to play in JV games ...


Good ...


Every linebacker ahead of you was All-Ivy last year ...


Good ...


They told you every new recruit will play before you ...



Good ...

These things made me the man I am today. They are what inspire me to train any blue collar athlete who has the will to hang with our program.

They are all too small, too weak, and too slow to play college football.

Good ...

No comments: