Reyes Off to the Air Force

It was about this time last year that I first met Darren Reyes.




I really didn't know anything about him, other than that he was the brother of another guy I trained, Ryne Reyes.

Most guys that come to me to train want one of two things:

1. To become a better athlete so they can improve in a specific sport
2. To get jacked up.

Darren did not come for either.

I am not sure if it was his primary goal when he started training, but his last six months with me were dedicated to one thing.

Joining the Air Force.




Of all the people I ever trained, Darren has made the biggest overall jump in the shortest amount of time.

The numbers below speak for themselves.

1 Year Increase
  • Bench Press: 80lbs (from 195 to 275)
  • Deadlift: 85lbs (from 295 to 380)
  • Pull-Ups: 26 reps (from 14 to 40)
  • Broad Jump: 9" (from 115" to 124")



He is the only person to ever go from a "Red Shirt" to a "White Shirt" in the same year.
(If you want to know what a "Red Shirt" or a "White Shirt" is, join Advanced Training).

He is also the current Power Point Leader for the Class of 2012.

I am honored to have trained someone like this who is going to defend our country.

YOU should be honored to have someone like this defending your country.

If you want to see Darren in action, here are a few of his best You Tube Clips.

Weighted Pull-Ups with Fat Gripz




36 Pull-Ups







Bulgarian Split Squat Jumps

1 comment:

Toughman Champ said...

Ricans run ADVANCED TRAINING!