Cupcakes and Minimus

I went to the Staten Island Mall today to buy two things to enhance my physique.

Thing #1: New Balance Minimus Sneakers




New Balance Minimus 

Thing #2: Two Cupcakes and a Brownie

Taken From My Kitchen

If you are reading this post, there is a good chance you understand why Thing #1 is good for you.
(If you don't know, I promise I will write another post about this topic).


Having said that, I am pretty sure that 98% of the people who read this blog have no idea why Thing #2 is good for you.



Enter the Cheat Day:


For your entire life, everyone you have ever met has been telling you that it is bad to Cheat.




Fortunately for you, there is one time where cheating is actually a good thing.

This is not good cheating

So when is it good to cheat?

If you are on a strict diet and you need to manufacture a way to keep your leptin levels high.

What in the world is "Leptin"?

"Leptin is a protein manufactured in fat cells that functions as a circulating signal to limit fat stores and fat production...."
- Power Eating, By Susan Kleiner


Unfortunately, strict diets often have the nasty side effect of limiting leptin levels.


For the non-academics in the audience, I will keep this simple:

  • Low Leptin Levels = burn fat slowly
  • Hip Leptin Levels = burn fat quickly

As you know from my last post, I have been following a pretty strict diet as per "The 4 Hour Body."








In order to keep my leptin levels high, I currently need to incorporate a cheat day into my diet about once every 7 days.


Me every Sunday

It is for this reason that I bought the cupcakes and the brownie.
I also plan on eating other things like French Toast and Waffles.

If you are still skeptical, I highly recommend you purchase "The Cheat to Lose Diet", by Joel Marion.



His highly successful diet plan revolves around this concept, and holds many of the same principles as "The Four Hour Body", by Tim Ferriss.



Be sure to check the blog later in the week, as I plan on posting everything I ate today.


My main goal is to push "CHEAT DAY" to the absolute limit and see how it affects my overall diet.













No comments: