5 Things You Should Do Every Day

I don't care if it is your max effort day, your cardio day, your cheat day, your deload day, or your mother's birthday.

There are 5 Things That You Need To Do Every Day so you can stay healthy, jacked up, and mobile.

1. Perform Self Myofascial Release (SMR)

How do you expect to move big weight if you are always sore and stiff?

Perform SMR with a foam roller every night right before you go to bed.
Not only does it help your muscles the next morning, it will also help you sleep better that night.


The best $20 you will ever spend.

2. Perform Hip Hinges

Think about all of the powerful movements you perform that involve some form of hip hinge.

The hang clean, the snatch, the vertical jump, the squat ....

In each one of these movements, the #1 limiting factor is the athlete's ability to hinge his hips backward properly.

The best way to improve this limiting factor --- perform some form of hip hinge every day.

My personal favorite hip hinge movement is light load good mornings.

Hip Hinge with a Good Morning

3. Drink a Gallon of Water

It keeps you hydrated.

It keeps your organs healthy.

It helps you control body fat.

Enough said.
Don't Be Ashamed To Do This At Work

4. Actively Work On Your Posture



Make a concerted effort to walk with your chest out, your shoulders back and your head held high.
I would even go so far as to make the same effort while you are sitting down.

Why?

Good posture helps you breathe better, it reduces stress on your back, it helps improve self-confidence, and it reduces neck pain.

Most importantly, it helps strengthen your core and upper back.

In turn, this will help you look leaner, lift more, and not get mistaken for the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

"I Always Slouched As A Boy"
5. Dorsiflex Your Feet

Even me, the guy who advocates training with minimal footwear, must perform additional dorsiflexion throughout the day.
              
While I wear Vibram Five Fingers or Nike Minimus in the gym, I spend a good portion of the rest of my day walking around a chemical plant in construction boots.

To compensate for that, I will actively work on performing dorsiflexion while I am sitting at my desk or watching TV with my wife.

If your life is anything like mine, I recommend you do the same.



Challenge

While each of these things sound simple, I highly doubt that any of you are actively doing any of these things every single day.

For the next week, I challenge you to pick one and do it every day.

After the 7th day, post a comment and let me know how much different you feel and look.
(Make sure you change nothing else but this one thing.)

I guarantee you will see major results.

Now ... imagine what it will be like when you do all 5.

No comments: