Define Your Rules

I recently read a short piece of work called The Hero Handbook, by Nate Green.




In it, Nate described that any man worth his salt should have a list of rules by which he lives.

Here is my list:
  1. Use the talents that I was given to help improve the lives of others.
  2. Never miss the opportunity to tell someone they have done a great job.
  3. Keep myself as healthy as possible via training, diet, and rest.
  4. Work on at least one thing every day to make myself better than the day before.
  5. Never let anyone work harder than me at anything, ever.
  6. Tell the people that you love that you love them. I know its corny, but I know more than a few guys who wished they had told their mom, their wife, or even their dad that they loved them while they still had the chance.
If you have your own list, please share it on the blog.

I am sure we could all learn something from each other.

1 comment:

Joe Fletch said...

Great list! And thanks for the link to Nate's book. I just downloaded it, for FREE!