Why Do I Do This?

In today's time, being a coach can offer far more risk than reward. Angry parents, coddled athletes, and unrealistic expectations often lead to disaster. On top of that, you have long hours, an aching body, and not nearly enough time with your family and friends.

With that, I am sure anyone with a logical mind would ask ...

Why do you do this?

I do it because I am good at it.




I do it because I know kids will get hurt if they do it on their own.


I do it because I don't trust anyone else.


I do it because I know they will train the wrong way.


I do it because I know how valuable it is to be "Coached Up" as opposed to just being yelled at or critiqued.



I do it because I can make the complex seem simple.




Both on and off the field ....



I do it to help make ordinary people do extraordinary things.



I do it because the rest of the world tells them it is okay to be "Average".



I do it because the rest of the world wants them to be "Soft".



I do it because I am afraid ...

... Afraid of what would happen if I didn't ...



I do it because I had to "Walk-On"



I do it because I had no natural talent.


I do it because my father would never allow me to be lazy.


I do it because I refused to be out-worked.


I do it because I refused to be mediocre.


I do it to give these kids a fighting chance.


I do it because people say I can't.




I do it because I have to...



This article was inspired by the first journal entry of Batman from the special addition of Detective Comics #27. 

No comments: