Eat Like A Pig, Get Jacked

For 7 straight days, I consumed approximately 7,000 calories per day.

The net result was 2.5 lbs of muscle gain and virtually no increase in body fat.

How did I do it?

First off, let remind you that I did all of this while staying in an all-inclusive resort in Mexico.
I wasn't climbing Mt. Everest or backpacking through Siberia.



So how did I pull this off ?

Simple ...

1. Trained Daily




Notice I did not say exercise or workout.
I said TRAIN.

I didn't go on the treadmill.

I didn't perform 100 crunches.

I didn't do bicep curls - okay - maybe I did some bicep curls.
I was going to be in a bathing suit all week, don't judge me.

To paint a better picture, here is sample of a training session I would perform.
All sessions were completed in under 45 minutes.

  • Jump Rope (3 sets of 150)
  • Band Warm-Up
  • DB Squat Jumps (Super-set with Hip Adductions and Single Leg RDL's)
  • DB One Arm Chaos Snatch + Overhead Lunge Front to Back 
  • Band Assistance Bench (Super-set with Seated Rows and DB Y's)
  • Core Stabilization 
  • Jump Rope (3 Sets of 150)
  • Stretch

2. Cold Water Sessions




Every morning I sat up to my neck in a freezing cold pool for 20 minutes.

Not impressed?

I was...

I didn't see a single other person willing to stay in this same water for more than a minute.

Why sit in a cold pool?

Lowering your body temperature accelerates fat loss.

If you are not willing to follow what I wrote in The Art of the Cold Shower, maybe this article from a guy from NASA will inspire you --> http://www.wired.com/playbook/2013/02/ff-cold-weight-loss/

3. Drink Water (And Lots of It)



Do I really need to explain this one?

4. Drink Green Tea



I made a concerted effort every day to drink 3 - 4 glasses of green tea.

Green tea helps fight cancer, heart disease, and most importantly (while I am in a bathing suit) - fat gain.

5. Stay Away from Mixed Drinks

If you are under 21, please skip to #6.


It is very tempting to have a pina colada or mudslide while on vacation.
Unfortunately, those things are packed with wasted calories.

I also am a firm believer that drinks with multiple ingredients make you fatter.
I have absolutely no scientific proof of this, but I am sure it's true.

For that reason, if you must drink alcohol during vacation, I recommend you stick to simple drinks like wine or champagne.



6. Eat the Same Food Every Day



Eating the same food every day will help you burn fat.
Once again, I have no scientific evidence to support this.

The only evidence I do have is that I see a correlation between people who are ripped and people who eat the same food all the time.

With that, I did my best to have the same exact food every day except for dinner.

On an all-inclusive vacation, the only variation you have is which restaurant you go to at night.

If I made my wife eat at "El Patio" every night, she would kill me.

Either way, it is easy enough to get some variation of beef and vegetables regardless of which restaurant you select.

7. Eat Lots of Vegetables



I don't want to be gross, but getting waste out of you is as important as getting nutrients in.
This is especially important when you are consuming 7,000 calories a day.

To me, the healthiest way to do this was to load up on mixed vegetables at the buffet during breakfast and lunch.

Going to the buffet line 5 times in one sitting doesn't seem so disgusting when at least one of those plates is filled with squash, carrots, broccoli, and zucchini.

8. Eat Dessert in Moderation



If you are eating 7,000 calories a day, you really do not deserve a Cheat Day.
This does not mean you can't eat any dessert, just don't eat 15 brownies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

On this trip, I have to admit that I had dessert 4x - but I did so in moderation.

For me, moderation means allowing my wife to take more than one spoonful of my ice cream without sticking my knife into her hand.

Wrap-Up

This is how I consumed 7,000 calories a day for a week and gained 2.5 lbs of muscle without gaining any fat. I am not a doctor, nor am I a nutritionist, so I would take this article for what it is worth.

If you do plan on following my advice, I highly recommend you consult your physician before doing so.









2 comments:

Morano said...

coach what about iced green tea?

George Mahoney said...

I will answer your question on the basis that iced green tea is green tea served on ice. If it is a drink loaded with sugar, artificial flavor or preservatives, it is not good for you.

With that, green tea appears to be healthy when served cold or hot.

The only negative of cold green tea is that it may not have the same antioxidant capacity of hot green tea.